Photograph from the “AERIAL ADANA” series.
"Stone Bridge (Taskopru) is a Roman-era monument combining the eastern and western facades on the Seyhan River, in the city center of Adana, Turkey. It is stated that the bridge, considered as the symbol of this city, was built by Architect Auxentus for Emperor Hadrian in 384 AD and was extensively repaired in the time of Emperor Justinianus. The bridge is located on the Seyhan River and had originally 21 arches now serves as a 14-arch bridge due to seven arches remaining underground during the river rehabilitation. When first constructed, the bridge was half as narrow and was later widened. The 310 m. long bridge was repaired several times in the Ottoman period and still continues to serve today.
During my childhood, we passed through Stone Bridge almost every day while going to Karatas, to the sea. The bridge, now closed to vehicle traffic, is the most important symbol of Adana for me... Of course I had to shoot it in a different and impressive way. I calculated the proper time on a sunny day and took off from the big green area of the Seyhan Park. I isolated the bridge inside the blue green shades of the Seyhan River with my telephoto lens. The people on it added extra color and richness..." - Ali Kabas
- Form: Photography - Limited Edition
- Shipping: Free
- Ships in: 8-12 days
- Packaging: Cardboard packaging
- Print: Archival metal
- Material: High gloss metal
- Certificate of Authenticity: Included on request
- Limited Edition Prints: Photographs offered in a limited edition have a preset number of prints available. “Stone Bridge” comes in limited edition as below:
- 12 x 18 in. size in 20 prints
- 16 x 24 in. size in 12 prints
- 20 x 30 in. size in 10 prints
- 24 x 36 in. size in 8 prints